Monday 3 October 2011

Frosty Update

My FET is moving right along. For those of you not entrenched in the world of IVF lingo, FET means frozen embryo transfer. I call mine frosty because it sounds cuter than FET and I try to avoid too many abbreviations and acronyms because I start to confuse myself at times.

No non-doctor should have to know this many medical terms,,, but alas that's life in the day of an infertile.

I've been injecting myself like a trooper and the poor hubby has been enduring the mood swings that go along with it. In a few days I will go back in for a date with Mr. Wandy (the internal ultrasound wand that gets inserted "you know where") to check my lining. *Must remember to shave my legs before that one.

As long as my lining and hormone levels are good then I can book my flight to the US to be reunited with Frosty. So if all goes well I'm about a week and a half away from my embryo transfer. I'm getting excited!

13 comments:

  1. good luck to you, hoping this all goes smoothly for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait for you and Frosty's reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Wanda (my name for Mr Wandy!)
    I hope you get your go ahead for your transfer.
    Mine will be in 3 days all being well.
    Fingers crossed!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I know the waiting will be the hardest part. Keeping all my fingers crossed for you during this time and praying your reunion with frosty goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippie for the totsicle. I can't wait for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad things are moving ahead as planned. Will be looking for updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that everything is going to plan. I'll be thinking of you and your Frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, and fingers crossed this is the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!!!! FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow exciting times ahead. I wish you all the luck in the world
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you luck for your appt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the only time I trim the hedges is around transfer time.

    Who am I??? Where is my pride???

    ReplyDelete