Tuesday 5 July 2011

A Brief Cycle Update

Well I'm one week into my donor egg cycle and figured I'd give you all an update.

I don't think it's hit me yet. I mean I'm off the birth control pills and I'm injecting myself everyday,,, but I don't think it's really sinking in.

What we're doing here.

The hugeness of it all.

We're going to be making a baby with a donor egg and my husband's sperm. That embryo will be implanted into me where it will hopefully grow into a living breathing baby. One that we get to take home with us in a car seat.

It's huge, right?

But so far I am feeling like my normal self but with a schedule of injections and scans.

My first scan is tomorrow morning. If all goes well then I will be told to stop injecting the lupron and start injecting the Del estrogen. I am not super excited about that because that one has to be injected into the muscle which is much more scary than the ones that go into your tummy. But I've been doing jabs all week and it hasn't been too scary. So maybe this time around the muscle ones will be easier?

Even better, I will be doing them at night which means I can have wine for assistance!!! I had to do the lupron in the mornings so no wine. As much as I do love a good bottle glass of wine, even I couldn't figure out a way to justify a glass of wine at 8:30 every morning. But 8:30 at night,,,, well that's not an issue!!!

Perhaps I was expecting to be more nervous? Perhaps I was expecting to feel more hormonal? Or perhaps it's just early in the cycle and all the hormones haven't kicked in yet. Only time will tell.

On a lighter note..... Vacation prep update. You know you all do it!
Yes, even in the midst of grieving or getting ready for an IVF cycle I'm still just a little bit vain. Every trip requires a bit of prep, especially if said trip includes me in a bathing suit.

So here's where I'm at with that. I've been tanning, gotten a pedicure, and had a bikini wax.

So I'm just a cute new outfit or two away from being ready for Spain!!

3 more days!!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun in Spain!

    I think sometimes if we let the enormity of the choices/plans/"projects" we are undertaking really sink in, we wouldn't be able to function at all. So it makes sense to me that it hasn't completely sunk in for you, that all these injections are part of a bigger plan that hopefully will include bringing your baby home with you! Of course, it's like we *know* that's why, but I think our self-protection mode turns on and we can only imagine so far forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. I'm all about self-protection though it's easier said than done. Have fun on your trip to Spain! I'll look forward to some pictures once you have returned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the estrogen one in an oil base? If so, warm it in your hands (or your bra) for 5 minutes to make it more fluid, then draw it up and just jab. It really doesn't hurt if you use that upper out part of your butt/hip. You can google youtube videos of it. And the wine is a must!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always made me dreamy to think "what is Donor doing now" or "what is She thinking now". Are we synchronized in our injections across town? Who knows? Blew my ever loving mind.

    Bikini wax. I am so 40. I could no more muster up the energy for a bikini wax than I could fly. Good for you sexy pot.

    ReplyDelete