Thursday 24 February 2011

Moving

Not moving on, just moving. As in we have to find a new place to live. Yuck, I hate moving. Is it slightly more glamorous that we're being forced to move because a celebrity is buying our place??? I'm not so sure.


One of the not so great thing about being a renter is that you are at the mercy of the property owner. If they want to sell then you have to move, it's just that simple. So when we got the call a while back that someone wanted to come and view our property I had a funny feeling that we would have to find a new place to live soon. Turns out I was right.

I love where we live. It's a cute (read: small) 2 bedroom flat in the heart of a lovely village here in London. Our flat is a small part of the very large house next door and there's even a door that goes from our place to theirs (kind of like adjoining rooms at a hotel). As a result of the properties being connected, we live on a very nice street with other houses. It's not a block of flats so we don't have anyone above or below us. We have our own front door and a small garden in the back. In London this is really hard to find.

We rent from the family that owns and lives in this very large nice house. For the past 5 years it's all been great. But they have decided to sell.  As it turns out, the buyer is a celebrity. I thought she looked familiar when they came by to look at our place but I wasn't sure. Afterwards I found out from the owners who she was. I also found out that she doesn't want renters living next door. This B-/C-list celeb wants the whole place to herself. I'm sure even my spectacular skills of keeping the extra key in case she gets locked out and ability to feed pets while she's away won't sway her decision. So we have to move.

Great, like we don't have enough going on already! One thing I can say about my life is that it is never boring.

8 comments:

  1. You're such a tease! I totally want to know who this celebrity is. Best of luck to you finding a new flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find somewhere way lovlier to live, and yeah I want to know who it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to know who is buying your place..haha!

    I hope you can find something fabulous! I know it's hard to find in London (because friends have told me, not because I know :)

    I am thinking about you. I am moving too, and I don't want to but maybe, just maybe you'll find something really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, new follower to you as you follow me.
    I'm soooo curious as to who this female is that's moving you out of a hard to find nice place in London. Well I too am moving! lol
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate moving too... but can be a very cleansing thing to do. Once I settled into our new place, I felt great for having cleaned out so many old things. Good luck house-hunting :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving sucks but it may be worth it in the end if you find the right place!!

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of moving especially big boxes of books. Hope you are able to find something equally as charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely reads! I found your blog via FTLOB & I'm your newest reader :]
    ~Angel @ www.livinginaperrytale.com

    ReplyDelete